Kindergarten at Alphabet Academy & The Nest
Our all-day, outdoor Kindergarten program is child driven, including elements of Reggio-Emilia, Montessori, Waldorf and outdoor learning while also meeting Connecticut educational standards. Students explore the great outdoors in our large, outdoor classrooms and expand their palates with our organic food program. Your child will make the transition from preschool to elementary school in a nurturing, creative and challenging environment.
- Full-day Kindergarten (8am-5pm)
- Enriching outdoor program
- In-house, chef-prepared organic cuisine
- Amazing, inspiring teachers
- Low teacher-to-student ratio (1:10)
- Strong home-school connection
- Bi-weekly yoga
- Expansive outdoor and indoor classroom to mitigate Covid-19 risk
Our kindergarten program encourages learning in a warm, nurturing atmosphere with hands-on activities that include art, music, storytelling, science, math, a weekly yoga class, as well as reading and writing. These experiences take place during small group activities, learning centers and at morning meeting. Self-expression and creativity are enhanced daily through classroom projects, imaginative play and self art.